1. O Mahārśi Parashara, I have come to know of the evils and antidotes thereof from you. Please tell me, what is to be deduced from each House.
2. Indications of 1st House. Mahārśi Parashara replies. Physique, appearance, intellect (or the organ of intelligence, i.e. brain), complexion of the body, vigor, weakness, happiness, grief and innate nature are all to be guessed through the ascending Rāśi.
3. Indications of 2nd House. Wealth, grains (food etc.), family, death, enemies, metals, precious stones etc. are to be understood through 2nd House.
4. Indications of 3rd House. From 3rd House know of the following: valor, servants (attending etc.), brothers, sisters etc., initiatory instructions (Upadesha), journey and parents death.
5. Indications of 4th House. Conveyances, relatives, mother, happiness, treasure, lands and buildings are to be consulted through 4th House.
6. Indications of 5th House. The learned should deduce from 5th House amulets, sacred spells, learning, knowledge, sons, royalty (or authority), fall of position etc.
7. Indications of 6th House. Maternal uncle, doubts about death, enemies, ulcers, step-mother etc. are to be estimated from 6th House.
8. Indications of 7th House. Wife, travel, trade, loss of sight, death etc. be known from 7th House.
9. Indications of 8th House. 8th House indicates longevity, battle, enemies, forts, wealth of the dead and things, that have happened and are to happen (in the past and future births).
10. Indications of 9th House. Fortunes, wife’s brother, religion, brothers wife, visits to shrines etc. be known from 9th House.
11. Indications of 10th House. Royalty (authority), place, profession (livelihood), honour, father, living in foreign lands and debts are to be understood from 10th House.
12. Indications of 11th House. All articles, sons wife, income, prosperity, quadrupeds etc. are to be understood from 11th House.
13. Indications of 12th House. From 12th House, one can know about expenses, history of enemies, ones own death etc.
14-16. Prosperity, or Annihilation of a House. Predict prosperity of the House, which is conjunct with, or aspected by a benefic. Also, when its Lord is in Yuvavastha, or Prabuddhavastha, or in Kismaravastha, or in 10th House, the Houses well-being is indicated. The House, which is not aspected by its Lord, or, whose Lord is with a malefic Planet, or with one of the Lords of evil and such other Houses (i.e. 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th and 12th), or is defeated in a war between Planets, or is in one of the three Avasthas, viz, Vriddhavastha, Mritavastha and Suptavastha.