1. O Brahmin, I now tell you about 3rd House. Should 3rd House be conjunct with, or aspected by a benefic, the native will be endowed with co-born and be courageous.
2. If 3rds Lord along with Mars aspects 3rd House, the native will enjoy good results, due to 3rd House. Alternatively these two Planets may be in 3rd itself.
3. Destruction at once of co-born will come to pass, if the said 2 Planets are together with a malefic, or in a Rāśi, owned by a malefic.
4. Female and Male Co-born. If 3rds Lord is a female Planet, or, if 3rd House be occupied by female Planets, one will have sisters, born after him. Similarly male Planets and male Rāśis denote younger brothers. Should it be of mixed nature, co-born of both sexes will be obtained. These effects be declared after assessing the strength and weakness of the concerned.
5-6. Should 3rds Lord and Mars be together in 8th House, destruction of co-born will result. Happiness in this respect will come to pass, if Mars, or 3rds Lord is in an angle, or in a trine, or in exaltation, or friendly divisions.
7-11. Number of Brothers and Sisters. If Mercury is in 3rd House, while 3rds Lord and Moon are together, as the indicator (Mars) joins Saturn, the effects are: there occurred the birth of an elder sister and there will be younger brothers. Furthermore, the third brother will die. Should Mars be conjunct with Rahu, while 3rds Lord is in his debilitation Rāśi, there will be loss of younger brothers and/or sisters, while three elder brothers and/or sisters were attained by the native. If 3rds Lord is in an angle, while the significator (Mars) is exalted in a trine and be conjunct with Jupiter, 12 will be the number of total co-born. Out of these two elders and the 3rd, the 7th, the 9th and the 12th of the younger co-born will be shortlived, while six of the said twelve will be longlived.
12-13. There will be 1 co-born, if 12ths Lord (some texts read, as 11ths Lord) joins Mars and Jupiter, while 3rd House is occupied by Moon. If Moon is lonely placed in 3rd House with Aspect of male Planets, there will be younger brothers, while the Aspect of Venus denotes younger sisters.
14. Adverse Planets. Sun in 3rd House will destroy the preborn. The afterborn will be destroyed, if Saturn is found in 3rd House. In the same situation Mars will destroy both the preborn and later-born.
15. After estimating the strength and weakness of such Yogas, the effects, related to brothers and sisters, be announced.